Monday, December 1, 2008

Embracing Stagnation

Yesterday we had our big CPR/First Aid course. It was somewhat of a grueling 5 hours but very thorough- the only way doc knows how. I'm pretty lucky to have gotten the whole training for free. He does these training courses for the special Olympics staff and schools.

I'm feeling better this week though with the reality of our situation. I'm trying to take everything as it comes instead of trying to force productivity. If nothing else it's made me more aware of that in myself. My best attributes is my ability to see through blocks and accomplish things with persistence and luck, and its one of my biggest flaws; not being able to relax and be content if I'm not constantly working towards accomplishing something. That's always the case with people though, what you love best about someone is also what you cant fucking stand about them, it just depends on the situation.
Plus its been around 15 degrees warmer so that always helps : )

One of our investors/partners pulled out of the project today. Its bitter sweet because on the bright side it doesn't really matter since he hasn't paid his end in a month or shown any interest in helping or contacting us plus we can move on now that we know he's defiantly out, but the hard part is that the center is in his name. The doc doesn't seem worried though, he's much more concerned with loyalty than money (one of those things I love and cant stand).
Luckily we found a loan for the scale and it will be shipped to us on Friday! So it looks like at least I'll be able to facilitate docs session before I go, which would be so very gratifying.

Even better news...my Mom is coming tomorrow!! I'll get a much needed and anticipated 10 day break. We're going to Antigua to climb Pacaya- an active volcano, Lake Atitlan which is the biggest Guatemalan lake that's surrounded by little indigenous Mayan villages and last Tikal, home of the biggest Mayan ruins in the country and tropical lands so it'll be even warmer. Luckily doc promised we'd wait until I got back to start treatments.
Till then Lady and I are just sitting on the roof holding down the fort and embracing the sweet stagnation of the day.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

thanks again for the hospitality, and please be sure to send my thanks to the Doc.

Taylor